RG Spaulding P.E.
About the instructor
I have worked in the field of Structural Civil Engineering for over 20 years. My philosophy on learning anything is to break it down into smaller and simpler tasks to un-complicate the seemingly complicated task. I am hoping to use the same philosophy in teaching Structural engineering online. There is so much free information available online but the problem is it is very fragmented. I will try to use many free resources available online (giving proper credits to the creators of course) to make the students understand the concept. So lets break down the design into simple understandable tasks and learn how to design easily.
To see a sample list of projects I have worked on check out my LinkedIn page.
- Instruction to view the full screen version
- RW Example 1- No surcharge Loads
- What is Live Load Surcharge?
- RW Example 2 - With Surcharge Loads
- Other Loads on Retaining Walls
- Soil Pressure for Sloped Backfill
- Example 1 using a Commercial Software - No Surcharge Loads
- Example 2 using Commercial Software - With Surcharge Loads
- Example 3 using Commercial Software - With Surcharge and Seismic Loads
- Minimum Steel Requirements & Beyond
- Note about Friction & Passive Pressure combinations